Snow School Protocols
Lesson Planning for 2020-2021 Season - Updated October 19, 2020
Our Snow School team is working diligently on plans for lesson delivery for this coming season. With the Covid situation changing daily, we need to ensure we are following the most up to date Public Health guidelines. That being said, lesson and program registration will be delayed until closer to Opening Day. Considerations currently being addressed (not an exhaustive list):
Due to the need to maintain 2-metres of "physical distancing" this winter, Mount Pakenham is not offering Group Lessons for ages 4-5-6. Instead we recommend either our Parent and Tot program or Private Lessons. For ages 4-5-6 any Private Lesson may add up to one additional student (for an additional charge).
We hope to offer a 3-week Explorer program for ages 7+ on Saturdays and Sundays (one-hour lesson this year) at 10:30am or 2pm. However, it may not be available until mid-season. Class sizes will be smaller this year.
Clifford Race Program
We hope to run our 10-week Clifford Race program starting Saturday Jan 2 for ages 7+ with limited space. We require students to be able to load and unload the chairlift independently.
Weekday & Evenings
We hope to offer our 8-week Youth After School (age 7+), Adult Night Owl, and Adult Breakaways programs at their regular times.
We are working on day-time programming for mid-week Homeschool students.
We plan to increase our Private Lesson availability this year, and any Private Lesson can "add-a-friend" creating your own private lesson "bubble" or "pod". It is best if all students are similar age and ability, but we can do “Family” private lessons.
- We ask that students not come to MP if they are unwell. Please see our policies to postpone or make-up a missed lesson. COVID Screening Assessment may be required prior to lesson.
- Face Coverings must always be worn in the lodge, while loading lifts and while in a lesson this year.
- If a young student needs assistance during a lesson
(i.e. washroom break), parents must be available to assist.
- Accessibility to the lodge may be limited for warm up breaks, please ensure your child is dressed according to the weather to ensure they can last the full hour in the lesson.
- If children are unable to manage their own facemasks and respect social distancing in a group setting, they will asked to move to private lessons (at an additional charge).
- Snow School Instructors will be as “hands off” as possible, but for safety reasons may need to assist students.
- With limited seating in the lodge, we ask that our skiers boot up in their car.
Priority will be given to Season Passholders for Lifts and Lodge use if we have to restrict our capacity.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting our resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.