COVID-19 Updates - 2021-2022
September 13, 2021 updates:
- We welcome our community for exercise and physical activity!
- Plan to use vehicle as Base Lodge (boot up, eat, warm up)
Those getting dropped off must be prepared to remain OUTSIDE and may need to consider shorter visits. Indoor use is still limited.
- We ask that socializing please be done OUTSIDE, with Protocols respected - NO GATHERING INDOORS with those outside your household.
- Limited indoor seating (if available) is reserved for those with food purchases. Those seated indoors must be with members of their immediate household ONLY.
We may require CONTACT TRACING for those seated in the Lodge via QR code on your phone or by clicking here.
- NO Spectators during popular times
Valid Lift ticket or Season Pass may be required, along with ski/snowboard equipmen. Only 1 (one) spectator allowed for young lesson participants.
Limited # of Lift Tickets & Rentals - we cannot guarantee walk-ups lift ticket sales if you have not pre-purchased. Please confirm lift ticket has been pre-purchased before renting equipment.
The latest chairlift protocols from the Ontario Government permits different households on a chairlift with 1 empty seat between guests.
This means a single skier/rider may ride with a group of 2 or another single, provided there is an empty space between them.
COVID-19: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY CODE
At Mount Pakenham, our priority is to get you safely on the slopes!
Guest & Employee safety has always been critical to Mount Pakenham operations. With the huge success of our 2020-21 COVID-19 protocols, we plan to keep them in place for the 2021-22 winter season. We once again ask that all guests acknowledge some important personal responsibilities before using our outdoor recreational facility:
1) FACE COVERINGS WILL BE REQUIRED INDOORS AT ALL TIMES, AND OUTDOORS IN ALL SITUATIONS WHERE PHYSICAL DISTANCING MAY NOT BE ACHIEVED. This includes in lift lines, while loading chairlifts, in the Beginner Centre, while in a Lesson, and while waiting for the BBQ, ticket window or outdoor washrooms. Bring face coverings that align with health unit recommendations. We recommend bringing a few extras for when your face covering gets damp.
Please practice PHYSICAL DISTANCING whenever possible.
2) DO NOT ENTER IF UNWELL - be self-aware about changes to your health. Complete a Health Unit "Wellness Self-Assessment" before arriving at Mount Pakenham. Stay home if you have unexplainable COVID-19 symptoms or have reason to suspect recent COVID-19 exposure.
3) Be prepared to spend your visit OUTDOORS - dress appropriately for the weather.
4) Plan to USE YOUR VEHICLE as your Base Lodge i.e. bag storage and booting up.
5) Be prepared to EAT OUTSIDE - indoor seating will be limited. Pocket-sized snacks can be a great back-up if our BarBQ & Cafeteria Take-Out lines are longer than usual.
6) Please keep "spectators" to a minimum - valid Lift or Snowshoe Trail Pass may be required past the Parking Lot.
7) As always, know the Alpine Responsibility Code - ski/board in control and within your abilities.
8) Waivers/Policies must be reviewed and signed IN ADVANCE for those purchasing Rental Equipment, Lessons and/or Season Passes - help us minimize time spent at our ticket counters and rental shop. Parent/guardian must sign waiver for anyone age 17 and under.
9) Consider more weekday and evening visits. Utilize opportunities to ski at less popular times.
10) Please be kind and respectful to your fellow skiers/boarders and Mount Pakenham employees.
Skiing & Snowboarding has an inherent assumption of risk; all public spaces have an inherent risk of COVID-19 exposure. By following the Personal Responsibility Code above we can work together to minimize these risks for everyone while getting fresh air and doing outdoor activities that we love!
Please see our COVID-19 Response for all updates on our new measures (including new outside ticket windows). Any questions can be directed to email@example.com or our office 613-624-5290 x0.
Updated Dec 9, 2020