COVID-19 Updates - 2021-2022
- NO PUBLIC ACCESS TO MOUNT PAKENHAM PROPERTY OUTSIDE OPERATING HOURS -
March 4, 2022 updates:
- We welcome our community for outdoor family fun, exercise and physical activity. GET OUTSIDE in the fresh air this winter!
Plan to use vehicle as Base Lodge (boot up, eat, warm up)
Those getting dropped off must be prepared to remain OUTSIDE and may need to consider shorter visits. Indoor use is still limited. We ask that indoor bag storage is reserved for those without vehicles, seniors, or those with unique needs.
- Indoor seating will be limited. Cafeteria food will be available for take-out to outdoor seating or may now be eaten indoors.
Please no spectators during popular times
Valid Lift ticket or Season Pass may be required, along with ski/snowboard equipment. Only 1 (one) spectator allowed for young lesson participants.
- To maintain a positive customer experience, we will continue to limit the daily quantities of Lift Tickets & Rentals - we cannot guarantee walk-up rentals or lift ticket sales on popular days when we have sold out of pre-booked lift tickets & rentals.
- Proof-of-Vaccination is not provincially required for outdoor recreation in Ontario.
- Proof-of-Vaccination is no longer required indoors.
- Masks required indoors unless seated to eat or drink.
- The latest chairlift protocols from the Ontario Government permits different households on a chairlift, and chairs may be fully loaded.
Please consider all COVID-19 Policies before planning a visit to our outdoor recreation facility.
We will be continuing with many of our 2020-21 Protocols as outlined in our COVID-19 PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY CODE. Amendments to the Personal Responsibility Code may be seen in blue.
COVID-19: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY CODE
At Mount Pakenham, our priority is to get you safely on the slopes!
Guest & Employee safety has always been critical to Mount Pakenham operations. With the huge success of our 2020-21 COVID-19 protocols, we plan to keep them in place for the 2021-22 winter season. We once again ask that all guests acknowledge some important personal responsibilities before using our outdoor recreational facility:
1) FACE COVERINGS WILL BE REQUIRED INDOORS AT ALL TIMES, AND RECOMMENDED OUTDOORS IN SITUATIONS WHERE PHYSICAL DISTANCING MAY NOT BE ACHIEVED. This may include lift lines, while loading chairlifts, in the Beginner Centre, while in a Lesson, and while waiting for the BBQ, ticket window or outdoor washrooms. Bring face coverings that align with health unit recommendations. We recommend bringing a few extras for when your face covering gets damp. Please use your best judgement.
Please practice PHYSICAL DISTANCING whenever possible.
2) DO NOT ENTER IF UNWELL - be self-aware about changes to your health. Complete a Health Unit "Wellness Self-Assessment" before arriving at Mount Pakenham. Stay home if you have unexplainable COVID-19 symptoms or have reason to suspect recent COVID-19 exposure.
3) Be prepared to spend your visit OUTDOORS - dress appropriately for the weather.
4) Plan to USE YOUR VEHICLE as your Base Lodge i.e. bag storage and booting up. We ask that indoor bag storage is reserved for those without vehicles, seniors, or those with unique needs.
5) Be prepared to EAT OUTSIDE - indoor seating will be limited. Outdoor Seating is available for eating food from the BarBQ & Cafeteria Take-Out. INDOOR DINING NOW PERMITTED.
6) Please keep "spectators" to a minimum - valid Lift or Snowshoe Trail Pass may be required past the Parking Lot. Masks required in the Lodge at all times.
7) As always, know the Alpine Responsibility Code - ski/board in control and within your abilities.
8) Waivers/Policies must be reviewed and signed IN ADVANCE for those purchasing Rental Equipment, Lessons and/or Season Passes - help us minimize time spent at our ticket counters and rental shop. Parent/guardian must sign waiver for anyone age 17 and under.
9) Consider more weekday and evening visits. Utilize opportunities to ski at less popular times.
10) Please be kind and respectful to your fellow skiers/boarders and Mount Pakenham employees.
Skiing & Snowboarding has an inherent assumption of risk; all public spaces have an inherent risk of COVID-19 exposure. By following the Personal Responsibility Code above we can work together to minimize these risks for everyone while getting fresh air and doing outdoor activities that we love!
Please see our COVID-19 Response for all updates on our new measures (including new outside ticket windows). Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or our office 613-624-5290 x0.
Updated March, 2022