Snow School Protocols
Lesson Planning for 2020-2021 Season - Updated December 4, 2020
Our Snow School team is working diligently on plans for lesson delivery for this coming season. With the Covid situation changing daily, we need to ensure we are following the most up to date Public Health guidelines. That being said, lesson and program availability may be limited this 2020-21 season. Considerations currently being addressed (not an exhaustive list):
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPROPRIATELY DRESSED FOR THE TEMPERATURE & WEATHER - be prepared for line-ups that are outside of the lodge.
Due to the need to maintain 2-metres of "physical distancing" this winter, Mount Pakenham is not offering Group Lessons for ages 4-5-6. Instead we recommend either our Parent and Tot program or Private Lessons.
We will be offering a 3-week Explorer program for ages 7+ on Saturdays and Sundays (one-hour lesson this year) at 10:30am or 2pm, starting January 2nd or 3rd, 2021.
Clifford Race Program
We plan to run our 10-week Clifford Race program starting Saturday Jan 2 for ages 7+ with limited space. The program will run as either a 2hr morning or 2hr afternoon session. We require students to be able to load and unload the chairlift independently.
Weekday & Evenings
We plan to offer our 8-week Youth After School (age 7+), Adult Night Owl, and Adult Breakaways programs at their regular times.
We have also opened up Friday 3 week lesson programs in January and February for mid-week Homeschool students.
We are increasing our Private Lesson availability this year, and any Private Lesson can "add-a-friend" creating your own private lesson "bubble" or "pod". It is best if all students are similar age and ability, but we can do “Family” private lessons.
Personal Responsibilities - Lesson Participants:
- We ask that students not come to MP if they are unwell. Please see our policies to postpone or make-up a missed lesson. COVID Screening Assessment may be required prior to lesson.
- Face Coverings must always be worn in the lodge, while loading lifts and while in a lesson this year and any time whenever physical distancing cannot be achieved (i.e lift lines, Beginner Centre, while in a Lesson)
- If a young student needs assistance during a lesson (i.e. washroom break or warm up break), parents must be available to assist.
- Accessibility to the lodge may be limited for warm up breaks, please ensure your child is dressed according to the weather to ensure they can last the full hour in the lesson.
- If children are unable to manage their own face coverings and respect social distancing in a group setting, they will asked to move to private lessons (at an additional charge).
- Snow School Instructors will be as “hands off” as possible, but for safety reasons may need to assist students.
- With limited seating in the lodge, we ask that our skiers boot up in their car.
- If health guidelines become more restrictive, we may not be able to allow indoor eating (Indoor takeaway & outdoor BBQ will be open daily).
IMPORTANT NOTICE: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting our resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.