Personal Responsibility Code + CURRENT RESTRICTIONS
Please check this page frequently for up-to-date Regional Restrictions:
February 16, 2021 updates:
- We welcome our community for exercise and physical activity!
- Limited indoor seating is reserved for those with food purchases.
We require CONTACT TRACING for those seated in the Lodge via QR code on your phone or by clicking here.
- Plan to use vehicle as Base Lodge (boot up, eat, warm up)
Those getting dropped off must be prepared to remain OUTSIDE and may need to consider shorter visits. Indoor use is still limited.
- We ask that socializing please be done OUTSIDE, with Protocols respected - NO GATHERING INDOORS with those outside your household.
- NO Spectators
Valid Lift ticket or Season Pass required, along with ski/snowboard equipment
- Bag Storage currently allowed, please do not linger in the Lodge
Limited # of Lift Tickets & Rentals - pre-book here - we cannot guarantee walk-ups if you have not pre-purchased. Please confirm lift ticket has been pre-purchased before renting equipment.
Updated chairlift protocols from the Ontario Government permits different households on a chairlift with 1 empty seat between guests.
This means a single skier/rider may ride with a group of 2 or another single, provided there is an empty space between them.
OUTDOOR SERVICES AVAILABLE
Takeout Food Options, Ticket Window, & Washrooms
COVID-19: PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY CODE
At Mount Pakenham, our priority is to get you safely on the slopes!
Ontario regulations have said that Ski Hills will be able to remain open throughout all 5 levels of the public health measures.
Guest & Employee safety has always been critical to Mount Pakenham operations. This 2020-21 winter season we all have many new considerations. We are diligently addressing new guidelines regarding the guest experience and ask that all guests acknowledge some important personal responsibilities before using our outdoor recreational facility:
1) FACE COVERINGS WILL BE REQUIRED INDOORS AT ALL TIMES, AND OUTDOORS IN ALL SITUATIONS WHERE PHYSICAL DISTANCING MAY NOT BE ACHIEVED. This includes in lift lines, while loading chairlifts, in the Beginner Centre, while in a Lesson, and while waiting for the BBQ, ticket window or outdoor washrooms. Bring face coverings that align with health unit recommendations. We recommend bringing a few extras for when your face covering gets damp.
Please practice PHYSICAL DISTANCING whenever possible.
2) DO NOT ENTER IF UNWELL - be self-aware about changes to your health. Complete a Health Unit "Wellness Self-Assessment" before arriving at Mount Pakenham. Stay home if you have unexplainable COVID-19 symptoms or have reason to suspect recent COVID-19 exposure.
3) Be prepared to spend your visit OUTDOORS - dress appropriately for the weather.
4) Plan to USE YOUR VEHICLE as your Base Lodge i.e. bag storage and booting up.
5) Be prepared to EAT OUTSIDE - indoor seating will be limited. Pocket-sized snacks can be a great back-up if our BarBQ & Cafeteria Take-Out lines are longer than usual.
6) Please keep "spectators" to a minimum - valid Lift or Snowshoe Trail Pass may be required past the Parking Lot.
7) As always, know the Alpine Responsibility Code - ski/board in control and within your abilities.
8) Waivers/Policies must be reviewed and signed IN ADVANCE for those purchasing Rental Equipment, Lessons and/or Season Passes - help us minimize time spent at our ticket counters and rental shop. Parent/guardian must sign waiver for anyone age 17 and under.
9) Consider more weekday and evening visits. Utilize opportunities to ski at less popular times.
10) Please be kind and respectful to your fellow skiers/boarders and Mount Pakenham employees.
Skiing & Snowboarding has an inherent assumption of risk; all public spaces have an inherent risk of COVID-19 exposure. By following the Personal Responsibility Code above we can work together to minimize these risks for everyone while getting fresh air and doing outdoor activities that we love!
Please see our COVID-19 Response for all updates on our new measures (including new outside ticket windows). Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or our office 613-624-5290 x0.
Updated Dec 9, 2020