What Will Be Different?
Covid Protocols - Oct 20, 2020
We may need to follow temporary changes and protocols this season to address health and safety regulations. The following list is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
- Outside ticket windows available.
- No water fountain available this winter.
- Less seating available in the lodge to address physical distancing so we ask that our guests minimize time spent in the lodge/cafeteria.
- No bag storage in the lodge, please boot up in your vehicle.
- Face coverings are required in washrooms, inside the lodge and throughout other buildings until you are seated to eat or warm up.
- Hand sanitizer available inside doors and at touch-points.
- BBQ open most days with outside picnic tables available for food purchases, dependent on regional restrictions.
- Cafeteria to have Grab-n-Go takeout food and drinks. If no tables are available (indoor or outdoor), you may have to eat in your vehicle.
- If the government adds restrictions to our area, customers may not be allowed to eat or lounge inside the lodge. The lodge may only be available for shelter to warm up and to use the washrooms with limited access time.
- Indoor seating (if allowed) will be reserved for food & drink purchases only, with a recommended time limit.
- Bag lunches (i.e. picnics, coolers, crockpots) may not be accommodated inside the Lodge or on outside picnic tables.
- Cleaning of touch-points, washrooms and rental equipment will be enhanced.
- Face coverings required in lift lines, while loading chairlifts and while in a Lesson.
- Physical Distancing will be in effect.
- Season Pass or Lift Ticket must be clearly visible to staff while loading lifts.
- If necessary Season Passholders may need to check in at ticket office before proceeding to lifts. All visitors to Mount Pakenham may be required to enter Contact information & a COVID screening questionnaire via a QR code.
- If necessary we may sell only 4-hour day tickets and require pre-purchase. It may be necessary to keep your ski day short to avoid coming in the lodge if more prohibitive regulations come into effect.
- If necessary, we may not be able to allow spectators.
- Daily monitoring of all employees to ensure they are free of symptoms. All employees will wear the required personal protective equipment and will be trained on health protocols related to COVID-19.
- Please see updated cancellation policies.
We are passionately working to offer outdoor recreation to our local community this winter. Please be aware that our ability to open in 2020/21 is dependent on the Federal, Provincial & Health Unit response to Covid-19.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting our resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.