Becoming a Teaching Assistant
**Our TA Program is currently under review for the 2020/2021 Season**
Our youth development program, “Teaching Assistant” (TA) continues to be the perfect way for skiers and snowboarders to:
- Improve technically;
- Develop solid communication and interpersonal skills;
- Gain hands-on experience;
- Prepare to become a certified ski/snowboarding professional;
The benefits of becoming a TA:
- Ski and ride with a discounted season pass;
- Assistants are considered ‘volunteers’ not ‘workers’ they will receive regular on-snow training at no cost, discounts in our cafeteria on days scheduled to assist and may be remunerated at the end of the season based on hours committed.
Eligibility to become a TA:
Must be age 13-14
Novice + skier/boarder
Punctual, Responsible, and dependable;
Register for the mandatory “Youth Instructor & Teaching Assistant Program”
$132.00( first year rate/3 days) or $82.00 (2 yr +/ 2 days) – Dec 19-21, 2020
Attend entire on-snow & in-class training
Complete and submit homework assignments
Complete and submit TA commitment forms
Ability to commit to a minimum of 1 day per weekend Jan to Mar.
At the end of the TA Course, TA’s will be evaluated. Those who meet the TA requirements may be scheduled to participate in up to 10-hour apprentice training assisting our certified Instructors. The TA will track his/her hours throughout the season; this is easily done with our TA journals & sign-in/out sheets.
Included in the TA program is the opportunity to “session” with our Snow School certified ski and snowboard instructors. “Sessioning” is instructor teaching/skills improvement training and takes place regularly on weekends throughout the season. TAs are highly encouraged to participate in this sessioning, as it will continue to develop their technical and teaching skills. Timing will be decided at a later date.
If you have any other questions please contact:
The Snow School Team